Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Mother of Favorites of 2011

Hi! I'm TwistedFool and I'm addicted to Favorites Videos on Youtube. This time of the year I get my fix 'cause every beauty guru on Youtube turns up their sleeves, search high and low in drawers for the uber special products they got to know and love in the previous year. It's product display heaven!

So, in 2011 I found myself loving...
a) Skincare
- Cleanser: Clinique Liquid Facial Soap in Mild. I prefer foamy cleansers and this one just hits the spot.
- Toner: not really a toner kind of girl.
- Moisturizer:
    - Clinique Superdefense SPF25 Age Defense Moisturizer - dries almost to a powder finish, not greasy at all and has high SPF. A must in my routine.
     - Burts Bees Radiance Night Cream - this is so moisturizing and leaves behind the most beautiful sheen. 
- Eye cream: Benefit b.right It's Potent - trust me, you'll love it too.
- Body Lotion/Butter: Body Shop Pink Grapefruit everything. I've been addicted to this scent ever since I first sniffed it back in Spring 2011. It's not really Winter appropriate but I don't care!
b) Beauty
- Primer: I don't use a face primer.
- Foundation: I've tried a few and haven't found my holy grail foundation yet. Maybe 2012 will change that ;)
- Concealer: It's tied between Benefit Erase Paste in Medium and MAC Prolongwear concealer in NW20.
- Powder: I don't have a favorite powder yet.
- Blush: Benefit ChaCha Tint hands down!
- Eyeshadow: The Naked palette. Totally worth the purchase!
- Liner (Khol/Gel/Liquid): I used gel most times and it was MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack.
- Mascara: L'oreal Telescopic Clean Definition is still my favorite.
- Lipstick: I heart MAC Blankety for the perfect nude lip.
- Lipgloss: I heart Sephora Perfect Nude lipgloss to top my lipstick.
- Lipbalm: YesToCarrots Lipbalm in Mint is so tingly, it's awesome!

c) Nails
- Base coat: Haven't used one in ages. That's why I had a bad case of blue nails after taking off the most perfect navy blue polish... Should consider investing in one...
- Favorite red: Rimmel Stilleto Red. It's just perfect and I LOVE the formula and brush.
- Favorite neutral: Rituals Amber Stone, the perfect taupe grey/brown.
- Favorite bright: Anny Waiting for You, the fuschia pink everyone should have.
- Favorite glitter: I don't like the look of glittery nails on me.
- Favorite topcoat: Anny Quick Dry Top Coat.

d) Random
- Food: Granola and Greek Yogurt, the ultimate temptation.
- TV series: I was happily surprised with The Good Wife.


- Movie: Probably Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, it didn't disappoint me at all!
- Book: Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time series has kept me busy most of 2011 and I've been loving every book in the series. If you liked Lord of the Rings you should give it a shot!
- Gadget: My iPod Touch!


Let me know what your favorites for 2011 are in a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment