Wednesday, December 28, 2011

An unexpected favorite

Hello again!

Before all the Xmas craziness started I found myself cruising around the mall for some last minute shopping. While waiting in line to buy a gift I spotted something in Sephora. And that was the Sleek Storm i-Divine Eyeshadow Palette (you have to go check it out here). Sleek products are always reasonably priced so I walked out feeling great about my purchase and I swear my wallet was thanking me for skipping the Chanel and Dior counters. 

Moving on to actually trying the product at home... Queue excited-kid-opening-Santa's-gifts face... And I was mesmerized by the first swatch... The shadows feel buttery, almost like they were cream and not powder, the color payoff is outstanding (rivaling high-end shadows) and although they are mostly shimmering shadows, they work well together, and you get 2 matte browns plus a matte black. Can't go wrong with that!

So, to summarize:

Pros:
  • Awesome consistency and color payoff
  • Easy color combinations
  • Great quality/price ratio
  • Packaging feels sturdy
Cons:
  • Would like a matte highlighter color
I'd recommend this palette to anyone, 'cause every girl needs a good quality neutral palette that won't break the bank.
On some other note...
I was thinking of making my posts less erratic, aka 3 posts a week: one on beauty, one on health and/or fitness and a random one. What do you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment