Thursday, March 1, 2012

February Favorites 2012

Hi everyone! It's been the longest time! But not to worry! I've set myself a challenge to have a post up every single day in March. Excited? I am! It will test both my ability to get myself organized and my speech capabilities aka "will I have enough stuff to talk about during 31 days (and not bore you to tears)"? Let's wait and see, shall we? =)

For now, and since today is the first day of March here are my February Favorites.
From left to right: Jemma Kidd Light as Air foundation, Nars eyeshadow duo in Charade, Benefit Porefessional

I discovered a new love this month and it was Jemma Kidd Light as Air Foundation. I use the shade Ultra Light (because I'm just about as pale as printer paper). It evens out my skintone without completely covering my freckles, which I quite like, and it has a satin finish - which I love. It stays put on my skin and I don't use powder to set it, so that's another plus. I love how I don't even feel the foundation on my skin. I got this product from feelunique.com for £25, not exactly cheap but, to me, worth the purchase.

The second product I'd like to talk about is Nars eyeshadow duo in Charade. I've had this duo for probably over a year, and use it frequently. It's been on my eyes most days this month. These colors are so flattering on brown eyes! I got this from HQHair during a sale and no longer remember how much I paid for it but, being a product by Nars it certainly wasn't cheap. The quality is superb though, and I would purchase this again. And again. And again.

The third product of the month is Benefit's Porefessional. You might not know but I have ginormous pores. With that said this product does not make them disappear. However it shrinks them enough that I feel comfortable showing my face in public. Now, for real, it's not a miracle worker but it does what it says on the packaging and, for me, that's important. If you want to get rid of your blackheads for good this is not the way to go, this is just a cover treatment ;)
Sephora Lip Attitude Glamour in Romantic Rose


As for lips I've been loving my trusty Sephora Lip Attitude Glamour in Romantic Rose. This shade is so pretty! It's the perfect "my-lips-but-better" kind of shade and, as you can see, this has been well loved. Already have a backup waiting in my drawer.

From left to right: The Body Shop Brazil Nut Define & No Frizz hair cream and The Body Shop Fuzzy Peach shower gel

As for body products I discovered an amazing shower gel. It's Fuzzy Peach by The Body Shop. Smells fantastic, lathers well without effort and lingers on the skin for a little while. Would totally re-purchase this. I don't know if it was a limited edition product but I sure hope it isn't!

Finally, the last product of the month is The Body Shop Brazil Nut Define & No Frizz. I have wavy long hair and some mornings it feels I have a unruly mess on top of my head. So I get this out, pump a bean size (´cause a pea size just ain't enough) amount on my hand, rub my hands together, and comb my hair with my fingers from the ears down and, to finish it off I roll my hair on both sides of my head. This gives my waves more definition and, although, it doesn't look like you just used your curling iron it does look much prettier. It's great for people that prefer to sleep 5 extra minutes in the morning and skip the haircare routine altogether.

I hope you find my favorites interesting. I want to know what are your favorite products! Please them in a comment below and indulge my shopping addiction ;)


I see you tomorrow! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment